The women's ministry at FBC seeks to provide a place for women to encourage, exhort, and disciple one another to be faithful disciples of Jesus. Join a study today!
2021-22 Study: The Book of John
His Word* Ladies Bible Study
Who was Jesus—a wise teacher? A prophet? A fake? During Jesus’ lifetime, no one understood His mission, but by narrating a few carefully chosen episodes in Jesus’ life, the apostle John unfolds the truth. Throughout the centuries, John’s portrait of Jesus has drawn men and women into a trusting, intimate relationship with the Son of God. Join us for this in-depth study of the Book of John and begin deciding for yourself who Jesus is. Also consider inviting friends and neighbors to join us who are new believers or inquirers about the Christian faith.
*His Word is the new name of the Tuesday morning Ladies Bible Study (Ps. 119:11, 116).
The study of John is a great opportunity to invite friends/neighbors to join who do not know Jesus or are new to the Christian faith.
Study begins Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2021 through May 24, 2022.
Time: 10 am to 12 noon.
Cost: $9.50. Due at time of signup.
Wednesday Women's Studies
Cappuccino with Colossians
In Cappuccino with Colossians you will encounter in the humble Son the same God who created all things and through whom all things hold together. Cappuccino with Colossians sets the stage for exciting, faith-stretching interaction with God's Word.
Morning Study w/childcare
Beginning Weds. September 29
Contact Kathleen Hetzel for more information:
Evening Study no childcare provided
Beginning Weds. September 22
Contact Linda Mawby for more information:
Cost: $10-$12, Please purchase book ahead of time. For the morning study, please read the intro and the first half of chapter one before the first meeting.
The Women's Ministry at FBC exists to glorify God through providing:
1. Dynamic body life - women collectively serving the body with their gifts and abilities thereby connecting with and meeting the needs of the body.
2. Leadership development - driving the ministry deep through delegation and training, enabling women to duplicate ministry.
3. Discipleship through service as well as studies and events - relationship building and growth as women serve side by side for church-wide events as well as studying God's Word together.
4. Church planting preparation - preparing women with a missions focus to carry on ministry seamlessly as we seek to plant new churches.
5. Evangelism goals - assisting in church-wide evangelistic events so that the gospel of Jesus Christ can be shared in Upland and beyond.