Foothill Kids Summer 2022
PARABLES OF JESUS BIBLE LESSONS
The Sower and the Seed
Matthew 13:1-9; Luke 8:9-15
- What kind of heart do I have?
- Ask God to give you a heart that obeys His word
The Unforgiving Servant
- As Jesus forgave our enormous debt of sin when we asked Him, we are to forgive those who sin against us
- Every day we should ask God to forgive us, and every day we should forgive those who do wrong against us
The Parable of the Talents
- You are to be faithful with what you are given by God
- How will you serve God?
The Two Sons
- Any work you do can be for God, even simple tasks for your parents
- You are to do everything that you do as if you are doing it for God
The Good Samaritan
- Jesus taught that a person’s neighbor is anyone who is in need
- You are to care for those who are in need, even your enemies
Prayer-The Friend at Midnight
- God never sleeps, but always hears the prayers of His children and delights to supply our needs
- God wants us to pray and keep on praying, learning to be persistent in our prayers
The Rich Fool
- Jesus wants His followers to hold their possessions in an open hand so God can use them as He wills
- You can lay up treasure in heaven and be rich toward God by living for Him and making Him the most important Person in our life
The Wedding Feast
- Many are called but few are the chosen
- When you accept Jesus as your Savior, God gives a spiritual robe of righteousness to you when you believe
The Great Supper
- Many will make excuses for why they do not want to have fellowship with God through Jesus His son
- God extends His great invitation to all, but only those who receive Jesus as their Savior will partake of the glories of heaven
The Lost Sheep
Matthew 18:12-14; Luke 15:4-7
- A shepherd will seek and rescue his lost sheep
- Jesus is The Good Shepherd who gave His life for you; have you asked Jesus to save you from your sins?
The Lost Coin
- A woman lost a valuable coin and searched for it everywhere in her house until she found it
- God rejoices when one lost person is found and saved from their sins; have you believed in faith that without Jesus you are lost?
The Prodigal Son
- A father had two sons but the younger one left home and squandered his inheritance. When the son in poverty returned home, his father rejoiced
- God rejoices when you return to Him and ask forgiveness for your sins
The Pharisee and the Publican
- A Pharisee trusted in his good works that he was righteous, and despised others; a publican asked God to be merciful to him because he was a sinner
- Are you too proud to ask God to forgive your sins and are trusting you are good enough to get into heaven?
Wise and Foolish Men
- A wise man built his house on the rocks and a foolish man on the sand; when the storm came, the house on the rock stood firm but the house on the sand crumbled and collapsed
- Are you obeying God’s word and building your life on the rock of salvation?