Children's Ministry December 2018 Newsletter
Robert Murphy - Song and Story Leader in 4's and 5's Class
We welcome to our team of song and story leaders’ rotation Robert Murphy who began attending FBC three years ago with his family while he was attending Cal Poly Pomona and has since graduated and is employed as a Civil Engineer in Ontario. He is the son of Harvey and Heather Ignacio and the oldest of three brothers. Growing up in a Christian home, Robert professed faith in Christ in high school.
Having served in AWANA, Sunday school, and children’s choir at his previous church, Robert has a gift for sharing the truths of the Bible with children at a level they can understand. “I have always loved working with kids, and helping them learn God's word and other studies I'm passionate about is a blessing both ways, but my main goal is to point them to Christ.” Through opportunities while he was growing up, Robert shares, “I used to be an actor, and that helped me with confidence and public speaking, which I believe translates well into working with kids.”
You can also catch Robert serving as a leader in Sparks on Sunday evenings or at Crossroads on Wednesday evenings. Robert has found the fellowship of Christians here to be a strong body of believers in both truth and love for one another. He loves doing anything with friends and family, whether it's outdoors or indoors, and especially enjoys golfing and making his own music.
December Bible Lessons
God Establishes the Priesthood
- Students will understand that man needs a mediator to come to a holy God.
- Sinful people cannot go directly to God.
- God made priests, who would make offerings to God for the people.
- The priests had to obey God’s laws.
- Nadab and Abihu did not obey God and were killed.
- Jesus was the sinless priest who can help sinners come to God.
- Trust only Jesus to bring you to God.
- Confess your sins to God and ask Jesus to help you.
- Worship God with the right attitudes and actions.
The King Is Born
- Students will see God’s grace in human history through the birth of the Son of God.
- God is sovereign and shows grace to sinful men.
- Jesus is both God and man.
- Joseph showed faith when he obeyed God’s commands.
- Jesus came to save people from their sins.
- God fulfilled His promise that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem.
The King Is Adored
- Students will learn from the wise men how to adore the King of kings.
- The wise men came from the East to worship Jesus.
- The wise men followed a star to find where Jesus lived.
- The wise men brought Jesus gifts.
- Students will learn that Jesus was born in Bethlehem just as it was prophesied.
- Joseph and Mary traveled from Galilee to Bethlehem together to register for the census.
- While there Mary gave birth to Jesus and laid him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn.
- Angels appeared to the shepherds that night to tell of the birth of Christ the Lord.
- Simeon and Anna were in the temple when Jesus was brought there as an infant and recognized Jesus as the Lord’s chosen one to save the world from sin.
The King Is Preserved
- Students will see God’s sovereignty, protection, and providence in directing and preserving the Son of God and fulfilling Scripture.
- God protected Jesus from Herod.
- Herod tried to kill Jesus.
- Joseph obeyed God without delay.
- Jesus was raised in Nazareth.
Kids for Christ
Children in 1st grade through 6th grade will be dismissed prior to the sermon on Sunday mornings and line up outside the Worship Center where the teacher will then walk them to the Chapel. Each week the Bible lessons listed above will be covered. Our December teachers are Mrs. Buehl, Mrs. A, and Mrs. Wilson.
The children in 1st through 6th grade will remain with their parents on December 23rd.
Come visit our Children's Library and see what has been added to our collection!
This is a collection of six volumes of R.C. Sproul's children's books.