Children's Ministry December 2017 Newsletter
Ministry Focus: Brooke Farrar
Like many raised in Christian homes, Brooke Farrar, youngest daughter of Jeff and Gina Farrar, cannot remember the exact date she became a Christian but made her public profession of faith through baptism in 2013. FBC has been her church home for over 11 years and she has been a part of ONE28 and Crossroads ministries in that time. She has grown in her faith under Pastor David and Micah’s teaching.
This year marks eight years in 4’s and 5’s and says she loves Children’s Ministry “…because kids have such a beautifully simplistic view of life and it's nice to be reminded of God's simple blessings. It's also a great way to appreciate what parents have to go through on a daily basis. I have a much greater respect for parents now than when I started, that's for sure!” You can also find Brooke in the Children’s Library after church on a rotating basis assisting our patrons with borrowing books.
In her free time she enjoys reading, writing, listening to music, and going to Disneyland with her family. Brooke studied commercial aviation at Mt. SAC and now works as an aircraft mechanic at Brackett Field Airport in La Verne. She has her private pilot’s license and is now working toward her commercial pilot’s license to fulfill her desire to be a missionary aviator.
Bible Lessons for December
God Creates a New Heaven and a New Earth
Revelation 21:1-8, Revelation 21:22-27; Revelation 22:12-17
- God will make a new heaven and earth where believers will live in the New Jerusalem
- Share the gospel with others while there is still time to repent and live godly lives as you eagerly wait for Christ’s return
God Promises to Send the Messiah - Part One
Genesis 3:15; Genesis 12:1-3
- Many promises in Genesis are fulfilled in Christ
- Those who put their faith in Christ receive the blessing promised to Abram
- Confess your need for forgiveness and place your faith in Jesus Christ
God Promises to Send the Messiah - Part Two
Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:1-12
- God promised to send Jesus as a baby seven hundred years before His birth and that he would be the Messiah born in Bethlehem
- Worship Him as Lord and Savior
God Reveals the Messiah
Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38
- Gabriel the angel told Mary that she would be the mother of the Messiah who would be the Savior and the Son of God
- An angel told Joseph about the baby Mary was going to have
- Tell others about the Savior this Christmas
The Wise Men Worship Jesus
- Wise men worshiped Jesus and gave Him gifts
- Herod did not want there to be another king and tried to have Jesus killed but God protected Jesus
- Worship Jesus by being humble and giving to others
Kids for Christ
Children in 1st through 6th grade are dismissed prior to the sermon and will line up outside the worship center then walk to the Chapel. Mrs. Wilson and Mr. Shaw will teach the children the weekly Bible Lessons listed above.*
Parents are to pick up their child in the Chapel after service ends.
*The children will remain in service on December 24 and December 31.