Children's Ministry July 2020
MIRACLES OF JESUS
SUMMER BIBLE LESSON SERIES
Raising Jairus’s Daughter
Matt 9:18-26, Mark 5:22-43, Luke 8:41-56
- Jairus, a leader in the synagogue, pleaded earnestly with Jesus to come heal his dying daughter.
- Jesus challenged Jairus to only believe and not to be afraid.
- Jesus took the little girl's hand and said, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.”
- Just as the little girl was raised from the dead, so we who accept Christ as our Savior are given eternal life.
Feeding the Five Thousand
Matt 14:13-21, Mark 6:31-44, Luke 9:10-17, John 6:1-14
- The disciples saw the physical need of the people for food and encouraged Jesus to send the crowd away.
- Jesus blessed and thanked His heavenly Father for the 5 loaves and 2 fish then He divided it among the disciples and commanded them to pass it out.
- After all the food was passed out it fed 5,000 men plus their wives and children.
- You can trust that God provides for your daily physical and spiritual needs.
Walking on the Water
Matt 14:24-33, Mark 6:47-51, John 6:16-21
- The apostles saw Jesus walking toward them on the water.
- Peter tried walking on the water and sank.
- With just a word Jesus reached out to save Peter and stilled the storm.
- You can trust God in all the storms of life and in all the temptations that you can look to Jesus for safety.
Finding Tribute Money
- Peter was asked to pay the temple tribute tax.
- Jesus told Peter that a coin for the exact amount would be found in the mouth of the first fish he caught.
- Children will learn to obey those in authority over them.
- God will supply all your needs when you trust Him.