Children's Ministry March 2019
Since August 2018, Raul Moreno has been serving in children’s ministry as a helper to our special needs children, and prior to coming to FBC, he has served on and off in children’s ministry for about 9 years. “What I love most about serving in children’s ministry is just knowing I can give parents the opportunity to sit in with the body to enjoy worship, fellowship, and especially hearing and learning of the Word. Children are such a wonderful blessing, but I know firsthand that tending to their immediate needs often demands a lot of our attention.”
Between the age of 19 and until last year Raul was working in a school setting as a classroom assistant and one-to-one behavior interventionist in special education classes. Currently he is working for FedEx freight in Mira Loma. For hobbies, photography is Raul’s passion for over a decade now, and more recently he has developed a real love for cooking. Besides contributing pictures to the FBC Connection newsletter, he currently does professional portrait and wedding photography in his free time.
Raul and his wife Bobbi have attended FBC since September of 2015 and are parents of two adorable children, Scarlett (3) and Judah (1). Asking a group of brothers in Christ for recommendations on churches in the Inland Empire, he was directed to FBC and another local church. He visited FBC’s website, and after reading about the beliefs and core values of the church, he decided to bring his family the following Sunday, and as they say, the rest was history. FBC has been their home ever since.
Growing up, Raul moved all around Southern California, but spent most of his childhood between Stanton, Norwalk, and Whittier. He comes from a broken home, but one in which his mother always took him and his younger brother to church. When he was 17, during his senior year at New Harvest Christian School, one morning during chapel, the reading of Matthew 11:28-30 broke him, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” From there on, the Lord started quite the work and granted him a legitimate transformation, particularly when it came to his bitterness.
For a little over a year now, Raul and Bobbi have the joy of fellowshipping in the Behnke small group. “My favorite book of the Bible changes with the seasons, but with Pastor David’s blessed teaching, I think Ephesians is going to be my favorite book of the Bible for a while.”
God Calls Israel to Love through Obedience
- The children of Israel were called to love God with all their heart, soul, and strength.
- Parents were told to teach their children God’s Law.
- Followers of God are to study, memorize, and apply God’s Word to their own lives.
God Promises to Bless Israel for Obedience
- God promised to bless Israel as long as they were obedient.
- There are consequences for sin and disobedience today, too.
- Obey God to demonstrate your love for Him.
- Memorize God’s Word so you will do what is right.
God Promises to Curse Israel for Disobedience
- If the nation of Israel was disobedient, they would be punished with curses.
- There are consequences for sin and disobedience today
- Honor God in all you do. He is worthy of all our praise.
God Calls Joshua to Be His Servant
- Before Israel entered the Promised Land, Moses died and was buried by God.
- God encouraged Joshua by telling him that He would be with him wherever he went.
- God told Joshua to be strong and courageous and to obey and meditate on the Law.
- Believers are to be strong and courageous to obey God’s instructions in the Bible.
Jesus Enters Jerusalem as King
Matthew 21:1–23:39; Zechariah 9:9
- The crowds treated Jesus as the promised King.
- Be faithful to obey Jesus as King.
- Tell others about the Messiah.
Children in 1st grade through 6th grade will be dismissed prior to the sermon on Sunday mornings and line up outside the Worship Center where the teacher will then walk them to the Chapel. Each week the Bible lessons listed above will be covered. Our March teachers are Mrs. Fonda Wilson and Mr. Bryan Shaw.