Children's Ministry May 2019
Children’s Ministries at Foothill Bible Church teaches Bible stories each Sunday morning to our preschool through 6th grade children. Beginning in our 2 year old class, children learn how to sit and listen to the story, participate with singing, coloring or making a craft that reinforces the story, and exploring through play in their beautifully muraled classroom and on the playground. We have a team of five teachers who rotate each week during the worship service, and this month we introduce Adriana Betancourt who has been on this team for a year now.
Growing up in Los Angeles with her mom, dad and 3 brothers, Adriana had attended a charismatic church since she was 3 years old. At age 18, she was involved as a youth group leader where she served for 5 years as well as in the nursery. “I thought I knew the Lord, but did not know the biblical gospel until God saved my oldest brother and he shared with me God’s word in regards to His holiness, justice and grace at the age of 23.” She then began attending a Bible believing church until she met Rudy Betancourt at Undivided 2013 at FBC, an annual conference for single Christians. December 2014 is when Adriana made FBC her home church and has been serving in our nursery starting in May 2015. Rudy and Adriana just celebrated their 4th anniversary on April 18th!
The reason Adriana loves children’s ministry is the opportunity to be a blessing and to speak life into the next generation. Her favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 3:6 that reminds her to depend on Christ and not on her own ability or strength. "In all your ways acknowledge God and He will make straight your path.”
Currently working at Pomona Valley Hospital, Adriana has been a secretary for over 15 years. For fun she loves to explore God’s creation, and to breathe fresh air and appreciate God’s handiwork . With her husband she enjoy hiking and finding new places to make memories, going to new places and trying new food, and to check out all the local spots.
God Reveals His Might at the Jordan
- When the priests’ feet touched the water, the Jordan stopped flowing.
- A memorial was made to remember what God had done.
- God stopped the Jordan to show His power and protection of Israel as they entered the Promised Land.
- Thank God for His mighty acts that we see in the Bible.
God Gives Jericho to Israel
- God told Israel to walk around the city once a day for six days and on the seventh day seven times, ending in a shout.
- When the priests blew the trumpets and the people shouted, the walls of Jericho fell.
- God instructed Israel to conquer Jericho in this way to show that it was by His power that the walls fell.
- Obey God’s instructions, whether they make sense or not.
God Reveals Achan’s Sin
- Israel lost the battle because Achan had sinned.
- In Jericho, Achan saw things that he wanted. He coveted them and took them.
- Because of Achan’s sin, he and his family were punished.
- Trust that God’s goodness is better than the satisfaction that sin promises.
How We Got the Bible: Discover God’s Treasure
2 Chronicles 34:1-33
- The Bible is the most wonderful book in the world.
- The Bible is God’s holy Word, the map to guide your lives.
- God used young King Josiah to turn the people’s hearts back to God.
- Learn to love your Bible and take good care of it.
Children in 1st grade through 6th grade will be dismissed prior to the sermon on Sunday mornings and line up outside the Worship Center where the teacher will then walk them to the Chapel. Each week the Bible lessons listed above will be covered. Our May teacher is Mrs. Sheila Sutton.