Children's Ministry November 2017 Newsletter
Ministry Spotlight: Amber Farrar
"Everything is amazing to a 5 year old...their vibrant love for Christ is inspiring. The Bible talks about having faith like children, a joyous, open-hearted freedom to believe without the doubt that sets in with adulthood.” Amber began serving in Children’s Ministry at FBC ten years ago when she began attending while a freshman in high school with her parents Jeff and Gina, younger sister Brooke, and grandmother Deborah Clay. She has worked with children of all ages a total of 14 years at church, summer camps and family camps but primarily with 4-5 year olds who have a special place in her heart. One of the things she loves most about this age group is “their undefiled joy of life and learning, their honest and occasionally brutal view of the world around them; there is nothing more humbling than the observations of a child.”
Amber works full time at an insurance brokerage office in downtown La Verne as a customer service representative for the past three years. She is also attending Mt. San Antonio College part time to complete her degree in Communications as well as a certificate in business management.
Besides leading the 4’s and 5’s class for three months a year on a rotating basis, Amber has served on the library team on Sundays for the past few years.
Her spare time is filled with homework, creating artwork, night drives to look at the city lights, exploring new coffee shops, going to the gym, spontaneously dancing and spending time with family and friends; every moment she can listen to podcasts, read books and watch videos on personal development moves her closer to becoming a business partner with her mother as well as starting her own online art business, producing and selling her own art. Her aim is to be more whole spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
Bible Lessons For November
Paul Testifies to the Gospel in Rome
- Paul Shared the Gospel and taught God's Word while in Rome, but the Jews did not believe the Gospel
- Share God's good news by living an obedient life
John Testifies to the Exalted Jesus Christ
- Jesus is the "Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," the One "who was and who is and who is to come, the Almighty."
- John sees Jesus Christ in all His glory
- Be encouraged that Christ continues to love and look after His people
- Obey Jesus Christ as King and Lord of the entire universe
John Sees the Worthy Lamb
- Only the Lamb was worthy to open the scroll, and those present worshiped the Lamb
- Thank Christ who has overcome sin and death
- Praise the Lamb of God who has taken away our sin
God Will Judge at the Great White Throne
- Jesus Christ will rule the earth for 1,000 years while Satan and his followers will be bound for those 1,000 years
- If you have trusted in Christ, you have escaped God's judgment and should eagerly share the Gospel with others who are not saved
Kids for Christ
Children in 1st through 6th grade are dismissed prior to the sermon and will line up outside the worship center then walk to the Chapel. Mrs. A will lead the children in Bible Drills and Bible Games.*
Parents are to pick up their child in the Chapel after service ends.
*The children will remain in service on November 5th.